Dr Hanna Buławka-Burgard.
We all know that English is a must in today’s well-connected world. But does every style of communication brings optimal effects in a global environment? Which language skills and interpersonal qualities do you need to successfully navigate the rough waters of cross-border encounters and what does it mean to be an effective intercultural communicator?
It is questions like these that prompted me to launch my own teaching and consultancy service which responds directly to the needs and demands of today’s businesses and individuals.
As a linguist and English language specialist I am keen to help you achieve communication excellence throughout your organization and beyond.
After completing an MA in English Applied Linguistics at the University of Birmingham (UK), I have since carried out doctoral research into media representations of female politicians (published by WFW in 2013).
In 2013 I joined a media analysis company in London where I evaluated perceptions of brands and companies in British media and monitored the impact of corporate publicity campaigns. Living and working in the United Kingdom and Germany for over a decade has spurred my interest in intercultural communication and workplace discourse. In 2015 I began to apply my interdisciplinary expertise by delivering in-company training in Business English and Intercultural Communication in Warsaw.
The overriding aim of my work has been to help employees increase their communicative and interpersonal effectiveness in order to reach their full potential and abilities.
- Business English and Intercultural Communication Consultant
- Researcher and media analyst (Ph.D. in English Applied Linguistics)
- 11 years of international experience (Birmingham, London, Stuttgart)
- International speaker and presenter (Japan, Brazil, Chech Republic, UK, Romania, Malta, Poland)
- Active member of IATEFL, BESIG, SIETAR, CIPD, CIPR, IGALA.
- Licensed intercultural trainer and partnter of Richard Lewis Communications